IRONCYCLEN® liquid contains iron, copper and cobalt to supplement diets which may be deficient in these essential minerals. Racing, training and other forms of hard exercise increase the requirement for iron. An adequate intake of iron and copper is necessary for the formation of haemoglobin, the oxygen carrying component of red blood cells, which transports oxygen from the lungs to the body’s cells. Copper is also involved in bone development and the maintenance of elastic connective tissue. Cobalt has a role in nerve cell function and is essential for Vitamin B12 synthesis.
IRONCYCLEN® Liquid is suitable for all racing, performance, working and breeding horses, and racing and breeding greyhounds.
* High performance athletes. Training and competing are added stresses which increase the demand for iron.
* Significant blood loss: e.g. surgery, stomach ulcers, parasite burdens, lung bleeders.
* Animals in training prone to low blood counts and anaemia and requiring long term therapeutic treatment.
Each litre contains:
* Iron (as iron amino acid chelate) 200.0mg
* Iron (as ferric ammonium citrate) 840.0mg
* Iron (as ferrous sulfate monohydrate) 8.2g
* Copper (as cupric sulfate pentahydrate) 15.1mg
* Cobalt (as cobalt sulfate heptahydrate) 4.0mg
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Horses (450 - 500 kg): 45 - 75 mL daily in feed or as directed by a veterinary surgeon.
* Early Training: Maximum of 75mL daily in early training for the first 6 weeks.
* Hard Training: Give 45mL daily in a “3 days on, 3 days off ” routine while in hard training, increasing to a maximum of 75mL daily if required.
“Booster” courses of FBC Bloodfood at key training times will stimulate the bone marrow so that it can respond to the increased demand for more cells.
* Breeding horses: 45-75mL daily in a ‘3 day on 3 day off ’ routine.
* Iron deficiency anaemia: 45-75mL daily until anaemia corrected (usually 14-28 days) or as per veterinary advice.
* Dogs (Greyhound 30kg): 4 mL daily in feed or as directed by a veterinary surgeon.
SIZES: 1L; 5L; 20L