PalaEquine EquiBoost contains a single strain probiotic containing a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms. It is a live active yeast supplement for use in horses and ponies of all ages to maintain the performance of healthy animals during normal husbandry practices and to aid in the establishment of gastrointestinal microflora in physiologically immature animals.
Today, our modern domesticated horses lead a very different lifestyle to their "roaming" ancestors. Access to grazing is often limited, they may be subjected to regular exercise or an intensive breeding program, they are often fed grain based rations with high levels of starch for higher energy requirements and are required to travel regularly for competitions.
All of these activities can increase the risk of digestive disturbance. The digestive eco-system of the horse is populated with bacteria, protozoa and fungi and each of these have a specific role and function in the breakdown of feed. Any disruption to the fine balance of bacteria or microflora found within the digestive tract can have a detrimental effect on: - The horse's immune system; The health of the horse's digestive tract; The way the horse digests his/her meals; The behaviour of the horse (including stereotypic behaviour like wood chewing); and ultimately The performance of the horse.
PalaEquine EquiBoost is packed in convenient, easy to use multi dose 56mL syringes.
The active live yeast in PalaEquine Equiboost
* reduces the risk of digestive disorders such as colic that can be associated with high starch diets commonly used in performance horses, broodmares, growing foals and stallions. Supplementation has been shown to significantly increase the number of lactate utilising bacteria and reduces total lactate in the hindgut.
* improves the digestibility of the ration by helping to maintain a suitable environment in the hindgut to support a healthy balance of microflora and boost the level of friendly anaerobic bacteria present. The active has been shown to stabilise hindgut pH by competing for lactic acid producing bacteria's substrates. It also provides some of the nutrients essential for the development of a healthy balance of microflora (such as amino acids and B vitamins).
* improves foal growth and development. The active live yeast has been shown through scientific studies to support growth through increasing the fermentation of fibre and the absorption of key minerals calcium and phosphorus needed to build strong healthy bone. Supplementation has also been shown to improve daily weight gain in yearling ponies.
Other observations in horses supplemented with this unique preparation include:
* Improvement in coat condition
* Improvement in topline and overall body condition
* Improvement in hoof horn quality and growth
* Behaviour modification (or reduction in stereotypic behaviours)
* Anecdotally, a calmer disposition and improved concentration during training
RECOMMENDED FEEDING GUIDE:
Horses and Ponies:
Concentrated Delivery: 1 X 8mL (2 marks) dose twice daily
Maintenance Delivery: 1 X 8mL (2 marks) dose once daily
Each 56mL syringe delivers 2 X 1010 cfu per day.
SIZE: 56mL syringe