Vy'trate Sachets 64g Box of 12
VyTrate Calf and Pig Scour Treatment.
Vytrate Sachets when reconstituted as directed provide an oral rehydration therapy containing a balanced mixture of glucose, glycine and electrolytes with the added advantage of being a non-antibiotic oral supportive treatment. Once diluted Vy'trate Solution is isotonic, ensuring glucose and glycine are actively absorbed by the intestinal tract, causing water and sodium to be absorbed simultaneously with these nutrients and resulting in a high degree of rehydration in scouring and dehydrated animals.
Where specific disease control (i.e. antibiotic therapy) is indicated, it can be administered in conjunction with Vy’trate Solution.
* Dehydration (simple or associated with disease)
* Post travelling stress and dehydration
* Supportive treatment to viral or bacterial scours
Directions for Use
For oral treatment only
Sections 1 and 2 must always be used together when preparing Vy’trate Solution
* Add the contents of section 1 and 2 of one Vy’trate Sachet to 2 litres of warm water, stir until dissolved.
* Continue treatment for 1 to 2 days after the animal appears clinically recovered and is feeding normally.
* If blood is present in the faeces seek veterinary advice as soon as possible.
Vy’trate Solution can be used as the sole source of fluids during treatment.
The following doses of the prepared Vy’trate Solution are recommended as a guide:
* 1 L/10 kg bodyweight daily, divided into 2 or more doses
* 1.5 L/10 kg bodyweight daily initially if dehydration is severe, divided into 3 or more doses
* Scouring Calves: As soon as signs of scours are seen withdraw milk or milk replacer and feed the required dose of Vy’trate Solution for 2 days. For the next 2 days return to feeding milk at half the rate and, either separate to or mixed with, an equal amount of prepared Vy’trate Solution. Return to full milk feeding thereafter.
* Bought-in or Stressed Calves: Feed 2 L of Vy’trate Solution instead of milk as the first feed on arrival. For the next feed use 1 L milk or milk replacer mixed with or separate to 1 L
Vy’trate Solution. Return to full milk feeding thereafter. Adequate colostrum must be fed to calves within 48 hours of birth.
* A litter of 1 week old piglets will consume approximately 2-3 L per day
* A weaner pig will consume approximately 1-2 L per day.
* Vy’trate solution should be made available for 4 days. Replace with freshly made up Vy’trate Solution every 24 hours. If there has been some improvement after 4 days, but the scour has not cleared completely, treatment may be continued for up to 8 days in total.
* Suckling Piglets: Immediately scour symptoms show, fresh Vy’trate solution made up as directed should be made available, in a cube drinker or similar clean vessel, to the whole litter.
* Weaned Pigs: If these pigs are showing signs of scour, make fresh Vy’trate solution available in a suitable clean vessel, cube drinker, trough or drum with nipple drinker.
64g sachets box of 12