Jobs With Us
Posted: 4th June 2021
Graphic Designer & Digital Content Creator - Casual
WE ARE HIRING!
We're looking for a creative unicorn. That rare creature that can wear multiple hats and be good at all of them! Is that you? If so, read on...
Ideally our unicorn will be a kick-ass Graphic Designer with a minimum of 3 years experience in both print and web. Reporting to the Marketing Manager & Creative Director, they will assist in the design and content management of all our online and offline activities.
A large part of the role will also include being the champion of our EDMs; where they will be responsible for creating, optimising and loading various styles of engaging content.
This position presents a great opportunity for the successful candidate to continue to develop as a graphic designer and learn a wide range of skills within design and marketing. We want someone who isn’t afraid to jump in and help out on any project needed, so if you are someone who loves exposure to lots of things you'll love this job.
You will be lucky enough to work on design and marketing materials for both vet-n-pet DIRECT and our new sister company Furriends Apparel; so you will need to be adaptable and of course be an animal lover!
- Design and implement creative graphic outputs for a range of digital and print communications including but not limited to EDMs, website graphics, promotional artwork, printed flyers, our own printed in-house magazine, social media assets and advertising.
- Assist with marketing activities, web content management and administrative duties as required.
- Assist with updates and maintenance of the company website, including editing images and product photography.
- A formal qualification in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- High level of proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator;
- Experience building and working within email templates;
- Excellent page layout and design skills;
- A creative thinker with the ability to think outside the box
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, time management skills and highly developed attention to detail;
- A can-do attitude with the ability and determination to learn new skills quickly;
- Initiative and the ability to work both autonomously as well as part of a team;
- And last but definitely not least, a pet lover of course!
Other Requirements (favourable but not mandatory):
- Experience in Photography and using a DSLR camera(highly favourable);
- Experience with online marketing and social media platforms(highly favourable)
- Experience in using Klaviyo and/or Mailchimp
- Familiar with e-commerce and the Shopify platform
- Knowledge and understanding of mobile optimisation & Apps
Hours of Work:
The position is casual, but you must be available for a minimum of 15hrs per week. The span of hours are flexible and can be performed either as full days or part days. The successful applicant will be based in our office in Jimboomba, however some work from home may be negotiated.
If this job sounds like it was written for you please apply via email only (no phone calls please) to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Cover letter
- Portfolio – either in pdf format (no larger than 5MB) or via supplied links to your online portfolio and/or sites, products and campaigns that you have worked on.
Please note that applications that do not contain all of the above 3 required elements will not be considered.
Applications close Sunday 13th June 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!