PAW Fish Oil 500: Veterinary Strength is a concentrated blend of liquid fish oil with no artificial colours or flavours. It contains fish oil with omega 3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), formulated for dogs based on standard ratios recommended by the US National Research Council.
* Supports maintenance of general health and wellbeing of your dog.
* Available in 200ml bottle with easy to dose pump dispenser.
Consult your veterinarian about use of fish oils as adjunctive nutritional management for:
* Joint health including Osteoarthritis.
* Other inflammatory or immunologic conditions, including atopy and some bowel disorders.
* Cardiovascular health.
* Renal conditions.
PAW Fish Oil 500: Veterinary Strength can be added directly to pets food. Consult your veterinarian for the appropriate dosage regime for your dog.
Buying human fish oils for your pet may seem logical, however dogs have different daily intake requirements for recommended formulations of EPA and DHA.
Using human fish oil for dogs can cause the following issues:
* Correct dosing is difficult and overdosing can cause digestive issues (i.e. diarrhea and vomiting).
* Requires greater volume to be used to meet a dogs daily requirements, which can become expensive.
* Difficult to administer to dogs as capsule and flavoured liquid varieties are not palatable for pets.
Fish Oil is one of the most popular supplements taken by health conscious people, with many proven benefits to help with a variety of conditions. We now know that many of the same benefits can apply to our pet companions. Fish Oil is one of the most widely prescribed supplements in both medical and veterinary fields and has been shown to support nutritional management for the following
Omega 3 fatty acids can provide anti-inflammatory support for dogs with osteoarthritis.
* Inflammatory Skin Diseases
Allergic skin disease and other inflammatory skin conditions have the potential to benefit from the anti-inflammatory effects of fish oil.
* Cognitive Dysfunction
Omega 3 fatty acid DHA plays an important role in maintaining cognitive function in older dogs.
* Cardiovascular Disease
Omega-3 fatty acids have a number of potential benefits in dogs with heart disease such as reducing inflammation and helping to protect against abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmia).
* Kidney Disease
Fish oil is frequently recommended to slow or prevent the progression of kidney disease.
* Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Supplementation of fish oil may be used in the treatment for dogs with IBD6 due to its anti-inflammatory properties.