Additional Information on the Use of Fish Oil for Dogs
Fish oils can be used as adjunctive nutritional management for:
- Joint health including Osteoarthritis.
- Other inflammatory or immunologic conditions, including atopy and some bowel disorders.
- Cardiovascular health.
- Renal conditions.
Chat with your vet about appropriate usage for your dog.
Buying human fish oils for your pet may seem logical, however dogs have different daily intake requirements for recommended formulations of EPA and DHA.
Using human fish oil for dogs can cause the following issues:
- Correct dosing is difficult and overdosing can cause digestive issues (i.e. diarrhoea and vomiting).
- Requires greater volume to be used to meet a dogs daily requirements, which can become expensive.
- Difficult to administer to dogs as capsule and flavoured liquid varieties are not palatable for pets.
Fish Oil is one of the most popular supplements taken by health conscious people, with many proven benefits to help with a variety of conditions. We now know that many of the same benefits can apply to our pet companions. Fish Oil is one of the most widely prescribed supplements in both medical and veterinary fields and has been shown to support nutritional management for the following clinical conditions:
Omega 3 fatty acids can provide anti-inflammatory support for dogs with osteoarthritis.
Inflammatory Skin Diseases
Allergic skin disease and other inflammatory skin conditions have the potential to benefit from the anti-inflammatory effects of fish oil.
Omega 3 fatty acid DHA plays an important role in maintaining cognitive function in older dogs.
Omega-3 fatty acids have a number of potential benefits in dogs with heart disease such as reducing inflammation and helping to protect against abnormal heart rhythms (arrhythmia).
Fish oil is frequently recommended to slow or prevent the progression of kidney disease.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Supplementation of fish oil may be used in the treatment for dogs with IBD6 due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
SIZE: 200mlL bottle with easy to dose pump dispenser.
* This product is transitioning to new packaging.