See what's on SALE for Dogs

Vetafarm Nectar Pellets Lorikeet Bird Food

Notify Me When Available

Vetafarm Nectar Pellets are a complete and low-sugar diet for loris and lorikeets.

Nectar pellets have been formulated to provide complete nutritional balance for growth, breeding, brain function and optimum feather development when fed as 80% of your birds diet. The remaining 20% of the diet should consist of a combination of fresh fruits and vegetables (15%) and selected treats such as nectar mixes (5%).

Loris and lorikeets eat between 10-15% of their bodyweight in dry food per day. A 120g bodyweight lorikeet requires a minimum of 10g of nectar pellets per day.

Pack size: 350g, 2kg, 10kg

Customer Reviews

Based on 7 reviews
Sheryl Cooper (Brisbane, AU)
Birds not a fan of these pellets.

I have tried dry pellets and have mixed with water to several different consistencies, the lorrikeets just eat a little and go looking for something else.

Love them

My lorikeet and other birds love these. I use them as his main food as well as nectar. My Quaker always tries to break into my lorikeets cage to get to them! one small concern I have with them is that his tongue doesn't seem to be as furry anymore. I'm not sure if it's from eating these or if he just gets into the other birds seed behind my back...

Tried them all...

Been a Lory lover/owner for 17 years. My newest Rainbow Lory is on a nectar diet with these pellets supplemented. I have tried so many pellets with no success. It took a while for him to go to them but now I find he munches his way through them just fine, wet or dry. They are a supplement and not his only source of food. Given time their curiosity leads them to tasting and then crunching them and before they know it - they have eaten a pellet. Be patient. As a side note, my sun conure also likes them.

Nectar Pellets

Lorikeets love it as a treat and change from just liquid nectar.

Vetafarm Lorikeet Nectar Pellets

Better made up wet - soak in a bit of water. Also works well with other nectar eaters.